Expert Nova is my new role-playing game for action and mysteries in settings from the late Victorian era to a near future in which man still is the measure of all things. Put your players to the test in London’s seedy alleys, the trackless jungles of the Amazonas, the catacombs under Paris, or the Templars’ hidden headquarter. It is a translation of the Swedish version that I published last year, though with an extra chapter explaining campaign design according to our distinctive Swedish RPG lore.
Expert Nova is a 6″x9″ book of 64 pages. €25 at Lulu.
- Flexible rules that favour playability and encourage clever schemes and social interaction.
- Speedy character generation that produces hardy and versatile adventurers.
- Action is skill-based: roll 1D20 as low as possible.
- Adjust the grittiness and lethality of your adventures by applying optional rules.
- Campaign design guidelines with a 1950s Australian science fiction setting as a hands-on example.