When a year approaches its end, it is tempting to summarize it in a few bullet points. So here are my significant SF/fantasy/RPG experiences in 2016, listed in chronological order.
- Collaboration of the year: Gustaf Gadd and I wrote Skymningshavets gåtor, a seafaring fantasy campaign book for Drakar och Demoner, during the spring.
- Boost of the year: I received the Swedish RPG Dragon Award at Gothcon in April.
- Book of the year: I read and re-read Agent of the Imperium, an complex and enjoyable science fiction novel in the Traveller universe by Marc Miller.
- RPG campaign of the year: We were Pinkerton agents investigating a murder in New Orleans in early 1870.
- Boardgame of the year: Terraforming Mars by Fryx Games — wow!
- Tragedy of the year: Evert Johansson, one of my old Traveller buddies, suddenly passed away in November at age 58.
- Movie of the year: Rogue One.
- TV-series of the year: Agent Carter S1 — yes, I know it is not new, but I did not have a chance to watch it until a few weeks ago.